The benefits of meditation are so high and today I want to set you up with the ultimate finish for many being, enlightenment.
I found the benefits of meditation easy to understand and now I am creating my own meditations, after using YouTube videos for many years I now make them and the music myself.
However, there are 3 types of benefits of meditation that include physical, psychological and spiritual. Using meditation can contribute to an improved overall health boost, give you better concentration and outstanding mental well being.
Below we will contribute a list of the major benefits of doing meditation. I have also broken the benefits of down into the three primary areas of spiritual, physical and psychological.
Another point to make is that all the benefits of meditation listed below have been studied and are backed up by scientific discipline.
Spiritual benefits of meditation.
- More compassion for others
- Increased spiritual wisdom
- Leeds to a person discovering their purpose
- Increases happiness and overall well being
- Path towards enlightenment
- A more positive outlook on life
- A person develops forgiveness
- Balances body, mind and spirit
- A better understanding of others and yourself
- Inner peace
- Enables you to live in the moment
Physical benefits of meditation.
- Lowered respiratory rate
- Decreased oxygen requirements
- Lowered heart rate along with increased blood flow
- Able to exercise longer at an increased rate
- Able to relax easier
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Prevents anxiety attacks
- Reduces allergies
- Helps with menstrual problems
- Improves the immune system
- Aids in weight loss
- Reduced cholesterol
- Reduces severity and frequency of headaches
- Clearer thinking
Psychological benefits of meditation
- Improved self-confidence
- Better mood through increased serotonin levels
- Eliminates fears
- Improves focus and concentration
- Improved creativity
- Better brain wave coherence
- Able to learn and recall things better
- Feeling of vitality
- Improved emotional stability
- Better relationships
- More youthful mind
- Increased intuition
- More productive
- Able to solve more complex problems
- Increases will power
- Better brain function
- Increased IQ
- More satisfaction out of life
- Lower rates of mental illness
There are so many more that I could keep naming, I attempted to get the most important benefits to meditation in different aspect for you all. If you asked different people about meditation they would feed you a completely different list of the benefits of meditation, I can bet on that for sure.
I have personally transformed my life just through doing meditation and it has helped me see the benefits of meditation day in and day out. Each time I meditate, I get more connected with who I really am, it gives me a clear judgment and helps me get better direction.
I personally believe that the greatest benefit of meditation is that it is the only path that I have discovered that reveals to me, more and more of myself that I just never knew about. If you choose the ‘right’ meditation teacher, meditation can literally be like starting a fresh life. A life of deep personal, inner discoveries. Without all the books, belief systems and dogma that many meditation classes include as standard.
There are many ways of meditation teaching and you will find that many of them will attach themselves to belief systems. The fact is that the benefits of meditation will come to any of us with or without the rituals.
I have taught meditation around the world for years and I have met many people, from a wide mixture of cultures, who have experienced the benefits of meditation for themselves. The benefits of meditation await you too.